Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Gym and the Make-Up Members

Girls, have you ever been in the gym and a guy tries to talk to you, but when you are unresponsive he gets defensive? You feel like you are in bar and you just refused a drink from him. The gym is a place to get away from all the drama that goes along with everyday life and blow off steam. I shouldn't have to deal with getting hit on while sweating and trying to catch my breath!

I have my theory on why this happens. I call it the "Make-up Member" Theory.

I will never understand why girls wear a full face of makeup to the gym. The environment just doesn’t feel like the right place to be sporting my $16 Mac lip-gloss. I wonder to my self “don’t their pours clog up from sweating with all that goop on their faces?” Duh, then it dawned on me, these girls are NOT sweating. They are the "Make-up members". Their hair is down, they are wearing their velvet Juicy sweat suits that are not made for working out and their perfectly clean sneakers, which look as though they were never used for anything real physical. They usually travel in packs, and they spend more time wandering than using the equipment. They read magazines while doing cardio, and think the lower back machine is for abs. Upon their exit they usually buy a “protein” bar not having a clue that it probably has as much sugar in it as Fun Dip!

These type of girls give men the idea we all want to be hit in in the gym and I got news for you, WE DON'T!

I understand and respect that people want to feel good about themselves and look good in public. It’s one thing to throw some waterproof mascara on, but please refrain from Kim Kardashian's makeup routine!!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your make-up members not only give girls actually there to work out a bad rep... but they bother me between sets with ditsy remarks like "wow, that's allot of weight". I know thanks.. now leave me alone! lol

Keep it up mz

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! i love this!! it is sooooo true.. those girls are so pathetic! :) do they really think people don't see right through their juicy sweats and MAC made up face??
LOL... you are good maria!
danielle

Post a Comment